Our high safety standards and quality products are the reasons we have been able to successfully sell our products for over 30 years.
These educational and fun bath toys are for 3-year-olds and up and passed all European and North American governments required and recommended 3ed party testing and certification.
1) Will they stain the bathtub?
2) My child has skin allergies. Will they harm his/her skin?
– No. We have never had reports of the product’s irritating a child’s skin. They may in fact help with sensitive skin as the Sprudels contain Sodium Bicarbonate which soothes eczema and itchy skin for example.
3) What happens if a child drinks the water?
– All the products are made with food-grade ingredients. So even if a child drinks some of the colored water this will be no different to the child-eating colored cake icing for example.
4) Are the products safe?
– Yes. The products have been made for over 30 years in South Africa and to date not a single incident reported. In addition, they comply with EU toy safety standards where they have been sold for over 15 years and more recently they have been tested against the latest North American toy safety standards. The products are, however, suitable only for children over 3 years old, as children younger often put things in their mouths, and whilst this generally does not form a problem, a choking hazard exists if a younger child places any solid part of the product in their mouth. We also subscribe to the belief that children under 3 should be supervised by an adult when bathing.
5) What are the colorants made of?
– All the colorants and fragrance used in the Sprudels are also food grade and fall under permitted colorants specified by the EU and FDA.
6) Can you use them more than once?
– Both the fizz effect and the appearing effect of the Sprudels and Bath Beans only happen once but the sponge toy remains which kids collect and can keep playing within or out the bath when dry
7) How many sponge toys come out of the Bath Beans?
– Generally, each Bean contains two characters. So the standard pack of two Bath Beans contains four toys. Sometimes, as with the Fairy Folk Bath Beans, there is only one (big) fairy in one Bean. With the Fairy Tale Bath Beans, there is one Bean with three (smaller) toys.
8) How many sponge toys come out of the Sprudels?
– Always one.
9) What colors do the Sprudels come in?
– Blue, Pink/Red, Yellow, Green, Purple, and Orange. Six different colors.
10) Do I know which sponge characters will come out of the products
– For the Bath Beans, the shapes that will appear are on the packaging. For the Sprudels the shapes are randomized so it will be a surprise as to what toy emerges from a Sprudel. Within a six-pack product, there will be no two toys the same and the single Sprudel shapes are also randomized to prevent duplications.
11) Will the color dye a child’s hair?
12) How often do you bring out new products?
– We normally bring out a new packet of Bath Beans every year. When this happens one of the older packs from the range will be dropped and replaced by the new one. The range remains at 8 varieties. We have several new Sprudel products up our sleeves.
13) Do they work in cold water?
– Yes, but the Bath Beans take a long time, over 30 minutes or longer. They have been used in tropical seawater and worked the same as in a child’s warm bathwater. Also, can work in swimming pools in warm climates.
14) What is the capsule made from?
– Gelatine, the same material used in medicinal capsules.
15) Are the products non-toxic?
– Yes and tested independently to confirm this.
16) What is the foam toy made of?
– Polyurethane Foam.
17) Can the packaging be recycled?
18) Can I put more than one Sprudel in the bath?
– Yes! It is fun to do color mixing with the Sprudels. See what happens if you put a yellow and blue Sprudel in the bath at the same time.
19) What ingredients are in the Sprudels?
-Sodium bicarbonate (75%), Citric acid (25%). A small amount of food-grade colorant and flavour is added to this with a little water. Sodium bicarbonate softens the water and is good for the skin.
Our high safety standards and quality products are the reasons we have been able to successfully sell our Beans for over 30 years.